Saturday, February 20, 2010

On a plane to florida and it finally happened....

Well, I am currently somewhere between oklahoma city and atlanta on my way to florida and it finally happened. We are on one of the smaller planes that only has 2 seats on each side of the isle. I am in 2a and as I walked on the plane,turned the corner, I saw it.... The guy sitting next to me makes me look like I am richard simmons. He is 6'4 and at least 400 lbs!!!!he has the seat belt extension and is squeezed into the seat next to me like a sardine! As I approach my seat I start laughing and say" who in the hell did we piss off at reservations!?!? He doesn't respond and goes back to eating his subway. I then say, " I'm not sure you understand, this seat,where your left belly flab is currently residing is my seat. You are going to need to wrap up your subway and let's see if we can do the impossible."
The flight attendant came over and everyone watch to see if I could pull a david blaine meets circus ole and squeeze into my seat. After a pretty seamless entry into the seat, only having to move his breast once and some folds of his side pouches , I was in.

Then to find the belt!!!!

It was like excavating king tuts tomb. I dove down under the layers of his belly and found the belt, sucked in my own issues and fastened the belt.

We are in!!!!

No conversation, I am sitting at a 45 degree angle into the isle and counting the minutes till this plane lands.
Wish me luck on the dismount and I will check back later.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T