Monday, September 27, 2010

SEPTEMBER WITH THE PICKS AND LITTLE LEAGUE FOOTBALL

    Well, we are 1 month into the season and looking back on the month, I am amazed at how I feel. We turned a profit over the month. We didn't have any losing weeks and only 1 push week. To most playing the games, that is a GREAT month! Everyone signing up today, would love to be into profit and heading into October. We didn't lose on Mondays and are winning on a consistent basis. I cant help to think what might have been in September with just a couple more winning days. Sundays have been pretty brutal. We will win on Sundays over the season but we didn't have a very good month on Sundays. The good news is, we were up a lot of games heading into each Sunday so a bad Sunday did little more than give back a little profit we had made each week. With a few good Sundays, we are poised for a really nice run and build on the profit we have already made this season.
 
Little league football has started and we are a couple of games into the season. I have to tell you although I have really enjoyed my team and teaching them about football and more, it hasn't been a lot of fun so far.  I had always heard about little league parents being the problem, not the kids and I am feeling a little bit of that. Before the season, I prayed a lot about conducting myself in a way that wouldn't create any enemies. My goal was simply to get thru the season and give a good experience to the kids and try and get a long with everyone involved with the league. That has been easier said than done.  For some reason, I have become enemy # 1 to a small group of parents. I am sure this is because of a lot of things. I have written a couple of biog entries that were unpopular, and I suppose that the fact I give advice on sporting events has automatically made me a bad guy in some peoples eyes. The amazing part of the entire thing is the very people that are causing the most issues this year are the very people that are filling the Churches that preach tolerance, acceptance, compassion etc. These people are spending at least part of 6 days a week creating issues out of nothing and then 1 day a week praying about what a good person they are and are trying to be. I WILL NOT mention , at this time, any names or specific situations that have been brought to my attention over the last few weeks. I wont talk about the flat out made up stuff that have been said about me and my character from people that do not know me and refuse to listen to the people that DO know me and what type of person I am. I wont mention the many examples of things I or my family has done to try and change the opinions of a few people that again do not know me or anything about me. I wont mention any specific examples of ways some of these people have tried to stir up things that have no merit or any truth. FOR NOW. I will continue to try and take the high road. I will continue to do everything I can to give my kids as good an experience as possible. I will continue to pray for patience and compassion for people that have obviously forgotten why there are little league sports to begin with and who's ignorance about me and what the Fat Jack service actually is has made them into hypocrites that on the surface appear to be kind caring people and spend a part of their week spreading lies about not only myself but others that have done nothing to warrant that behavior. YET.    Like any person, I will only pray for patience for so long. There may be a time, if I am continued to be provoked , will be forced, as a service to others that know these people to discuss specifics , to expose the "other side" of these people. I know it is not the right thing to do and REALLY don't want to cause issues for people but at some point, when you continue to kick a dog , he will eventually BITE. Keep it up and I will BITE.
 
By the way, none of these people play the games against the spread and I have no idea why they would even read my blog but trust me, they will.
 
If your playing the games against the spread, get signed up today and start winning. If you are a