Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nfl wrapping up their mess and jersey shore

As we head into the last week of July my thoughts are obviously on the fall. I am looking at some marketing changes. I am adding some additional cities to run the fat jack sports hour and basically ready for the nfl teams to report and close in on the season.
As I have been traveling this summer I have been flying a lot. I get bored when I fly really quick so I always take movies/ tv shows to watch on the plane. Normally I take some old favorites to pass the time. Old school ,wedding crashers , anchor man etc. As I headed into late spring I found myself really looking forward to the jersey shore show every Thursday night. I couldn't get enough of their fighting, making up , fighting again , smushing ,fighting and fighting each week. I think the attraction for me is the fact they live the exact opposite life than I live. I am married, 2 kids , don't drink and live in Oklahoma. They ... Well they are jersey shore. No matter what was going on with my life it was never going to match what Ronnie and Jenni were going thru each week. This summer has been filled with the "Miami " season of the show as I fly around the country. For those of you that haven't seen that particular season, it is just like the other ones except it takes place in Miami. Instead of them not showing up to sell tshirts on the boardwalk they aren't showing up to sell gelliatto. The new season starts in a couple of weeks and the gang is in Italy. I am getting excited for the show and the timing couldn't be better. Football , school for the kids and jersey shore. Sounds like quite a fall shaping up. An Oklahoma poker player named Ben lamb has made the final 9 in the main event at the wsop. Ben is going to be this years player of the year at the wsop and he has had a really big summer. I had 2.5 percent of Ben in the 50k event a couple weeks ago and made a little money off his 9th place finish. He wouldn't sell me part of his main event. He is hot and has a good chance of winning it all. 2.5 percent of 8 million would have been nice but oh well, should make for interesting tv for the next few months. I have known Ben for about 6 years and have played a lot and I mean a lot of poker with him. He is good but not any better than 3 or 4 other guys I know. The other 3 or 4 would have gladly given me 2.5 percent of them so although I am pulling for Ben to win, I'm not pulling that hard. He is going to make somewhere between 2.5 and 10 million this world series so I don't think he cares too much if I'm pulling for him or not. Have a good week and if you are planning on betting the games this fall and/or going to Vegas , now is the time to sign up ! The prices are discounted until 8-1 and then are at full price! Don't pay more in a couple of weeks. Sign up today and win this season!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T