Friday, March 27, 2009

SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO

I am back from Florida and am now the owner of the Fat and Sassy III. Now depending on how you look at it, that is either a good thing or a reason for concern. Most people that keep up with my boat know it has been a real love/hate relationship. Well, not any more. I took a class and that class, along with my ability to learn from my previous mistakes, is making this new boat a very happy experience. I drove the boat about 40 miles through a lot of tricky spots and didn't ground it even once! We had one close call but 0 calls to sea tow. That is a great start.
I was going to have a meeting in Vegas this weekend but at the last minute, decided not to go and postpone the meeting until early May. I did this because I just got back in town on Wednesday and had some work to do here but more important, both of my kids were supposed to have sporting events this weekend. My daughter, coming off her historic 5 goal performance in her first game of the season was going to have soccer both days and Jackson was going to have their pre-season baseball tournament. All of this combined, lead to my decision to stay in town. Then, I watched the news. If you turn on the news in Oklahoma today, you would quickly be convinced the world is going to come to an end this weekend. Apparently, the storm of the Century is on its way. We are going to have 25 feet of snow! Cats and dogs will begin to mate and have babies because of the brutal cold! There will be no food or water for weeks because the wind is going to blow the roofs off all of the stores and the crackers, can goods, etct are going to freeze! This is a huge event, if you watch the news. Because of this, sports are canceled and nothing is going to happen this weekend. I am thinking about taking the direct flight on Saturday and come back Tuesday. I could have my meetings and not have to sit here and listen to my kids tell me they are bored. Of course, if the news is correct, I might want to be around to see the carnage. Hard decision. I will let you know what I decide.
Oklahoma plays tonight is the NCAA tournament. We were 2-1 last night and Oklahoma -1 is one of my selections tongiht. It will give me something to watch with the kids.
Things are getting ready to get really busy. I have "The Fat Jack Hoops and Holdem "Poker Classic next weekend. My daughter has a dance performance and my jackass father-in-law is coming in to speak at OU. That ought to be AWESOME!
then
I am going to Phoenix for the Indian Gaming Convention to meet with a slot machine company about the Fat Jack, All American Gambler Machine.
then
more dancing,soccer and baseball with the kids
then May 11-14 The World Series of Golf in Vegas
and finding NBA and NCAA winners during all that time.
I will try and do better with my updates. Have a great weekend and stay ALIVE if you are living in the storm of the century. ..... Whatever.