Friday, May 15, 2009

I am on my way back from vegas and the world series of poker. I had a great time but am ready to come home. The tournament was a lot of fun. I didn't play great but did well enough gambling with my opponents that I got 2nd in my "pod" that was good for 8500.00 so I was happy. Like a lot of things I was left wondering what might have been. The guy that beat me wasn't any better of a player than I and he went on to get 3rd in the whole event. That made him 75,000.00. That is a lot better than 8500. He was a great guy and I was happy to see he did so well. Here is how I got knocked out.
On number 14 I made a 10 foot birdie for 16k and knocked out the remaining player in our group. Over the next few holes, I got my total up to 21,000.00 my opponent had 29,000. On #17 ,a 520 yard par 5, the ante was 3600.00 each. I hit my drive apx 300 yards and had 220 in to the green. Kj had 260 in to the green. He bet 5,000.00 and I raised all in. He called. He layed up to about 100 yards and I decided to hit a 4 iron because I hadn't been hitting my irons great and was planning for a slight miss hit. As luck would have it, I hit my first 4 iron of the day on the screws and the ball hit about 3 feet from the hole and bounced over the green into a terrible spot. Kj hit is ball to about 25 feet. Remember,I need to at least tie the hole or I am done. I try and play a safer shot, so I can give myself a chance at birdie and at least be able to make par. The ball ends up just off the green about 30 feet from the hole. Kj then steps up and makes his 25 footer! Ouch!! I hit a great putt(for me) that hits half the hole and ends up 6 inches away. I hit it a little hard or it might have gone in. Oh well, I will get them next year. I will let you know when it is going to be on tv. They said 13 shows on wgn this summer so I should get some air time.

The rest of the trip was good. I took mrs fat jack to see the show love at the mirage. It is a must see if you are coming to vegas. In fact, go to joes stone crab in the forum shops at Caesars and then to love and I guarantee you a good evening.

Nba playoffs and the preakness this weekend. I can't wait to get home and see my kids.

Have a great weekend.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T