Sunday, May 31, 2009

More bad luck but great picks

Well,my last entry was about a ,what turned out to be a ,10 hour boat ride. After running over an unmarked sand bar,I limped twards ft myers all day. It was a beautiful trip but as the sun went down and the 9th hour wrapped up, I was sick of beautiful and just wanted the day to be over. As it turned out my day was far from over. As darkness set in I turned into the inlet. I had been given sketchy directions from a hot girl in the marina when the sun was up and which required light to read the numbers on the channel markers. It was dark and my son and I were very tired so we were going to try and make it. Here is where it gets sad..
I entered the channel and tried to spot the markers thru the darkness. With no luck I resorted to following the directions on my gps. As I headed to the channel given on my boat gps , I was not aware of a very important piece of info. About 10 days ago the channel into the resort collapsed! This means shallow water in the dark!! As I get into the channel, my depth finder showed 1.6ft of water. I need 4.2 feet of water in my 55'boat. I was stuck on the sand bar for about an hour trying to get free. With the help of some drunk teenagers and my 10 year old first mate,we got the boat free around 11pm. I pulled into the marina and guess what, no power!! That is a bad beat after a horrible day!! We get the power back around 1am and I went to bed. I woke up to the knock of the hillbilly that was going to replace my props and started my day. I was sure it was going to get better and took the family for breakfast. As I am eating an egg sandwich I feel the crown on my back lower right tooth break off! Yes, a crown that looked like a thumb tack broke off during breakfast! I called my dentist and he told me I needed to find the hole in my mouth that the nail attached to the crown went in. In other words, amateur dentistry! Nothing I enjoy more than to challenge myself with a little sunday morning self dentistry. After about 15 min of trying,I found the hole (that's what she said) and got my tooth back in. Not sure for how long but things are looking up.
On a happier note,I predicted the lakers and orlando to go to the finals before the series started and lots of my clients and I got the magic at 5-1 so lots of extra profit. Lots of guys taking advantage of the early bird value prices and are signing up for the fall. If you are going to be betting this fall,now is the time to save some money and get signed up. The 5 to 1 orlando series price winners are free with your commitment to the fall.
Have a good week!!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T