Friday, July 16, 2010

Football is getting closer and I'm waiting in line

Sometimes I look up ,while doing something and ask myself , why? I am in savannah Georgia while my wife is taping some cooking shows. I decided to bring the kids and do the tourist thing in savannah. We have done a lot of fun stuff including tybee island, paulas restaurant, we went to Hilton head yesterday and rode bikes so all in all a pretty good week. Today as the kids were checking the things off their list that they wanted to do while in Georgia there were 2 things left. First, the kids want to ride on a horse drawn carrige. That was cayties idea and I think has more to do with her not wanting to walk than the fact it is on a horse. Either way we are going to do that later today. The other thing on the list is to eat lunch at a place called ms wilkes. Sounds harmless enough. In a city that is known for Paula dean , how hard could it be to get in to ms wilkes? Really hard! We were told it didn't open til 11am and is only open for lunch so we left the hotel at 10:30. As we get close to the restaurant I see a line stretched for about 3 blocks. I am thinking their must be a free money give a way or maybe it is a soup kitchen. Surely that can't be for our restaurant? Well it was. Now the smart thing would have been to keep driving but the only child in me came out and I had to know what the fuss is about. We headed to the end of the line and it was amazing. At least 200 people all lined up in 95 degree heat waiting for lunch! Problem is, we parked. We walked to the end of the line and the words " quiting now is for quiters" started going through my head. So after a minute of thinking , we got into line. Currently we have been in line for 30 minutes and are about half way through the line. All I can think about is some fat old lady sitting in the restaurant picking her teeth and talking about rather to have coffee or desert. I want to go in and tell her to get the hell up already!! Does she not know there are 300 people out here waiting on her table! I think the heat is getting to me. Football is less than 2 months away. I am starting to get excited. Get signed up early to save the most on the month and season packages and to receive free baseball selections. We are heading home today for a few days. Have a great weekend.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T