Monday, June 28, 2010

Wsop update

Still here in Vegas. Got in Saturday at 3pm and quickly checked in and headed to the Rio for the 2500.00 mixed event. This is a wsop event where the players rotate games every 8 hands. The games (for you poker players) are nlh, limit holdem, 7 card stud , 7 stud 8/ob , Omaha 8/ob , plo , razz and 2-7. Yes all of those. We all started with 7500 in chips. After day 1 I had 28k and was well above the chip average on 14k. We started with almost 500 players but only 130 made it to yesterday. After playing til 3am on Saturday, we started at 4pm on Sunday. I didn't get much sleep but was ready to go. About 2am last night I got knocked out 30th and made 6600.00. A lot of work for only 6k!!! I am currently in the spa getting ready to spend part of my winnings to get the knots out of my back from sitting for 24 hours but otherwise am in good spirits. I can't really complain about 30th but it would really be nice to win one of these events. In time I guess. Have a great week and I will give a final wsop update on my plane to savannah Georgia tomorrow. Quote of the trip so far - I got on the elevator today and this really hot girl got on with her luggage and a noticable limp. I asked what happened and she replyed " I woke up this morning and my foot was broke. ". You gotta love Vegas.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T