Wednesday, November 12, 2008

LITTLE LEAGUE MAY BE TAKING ITS TOLL

We start the playoffs tonight for my sons fourth grade football team. I have had a lot of fun coaching this team and the kids have been great. I am already looking forward to next season and watching them get even better. We do have some unfinished business that starts tonight. I have said before that these teams are pretty evenly matched so there are no guarantees on how many games we will play. Hopefully Sunday nights blog entry will be the last for the Titans this season,but we will see how it goes. 
 
Frankly, I think I might need a break from little league. I am a guy that never remembers what I dream unless it is really weird. Last night I had a dream that I was late to tonight's game. I was driving a school bus that didn't have any breaks. My son was the only passenger and he was trying to get dressed as I recklessly drove the bus across town. About half way across town, and the game about to begin, I lost control of the school bus and drove it through the Homeland building. My son was OK and we exited the bus in the bread isle of the local homeland. The Pakistani manager was yelling at me as I walked through the store but I couldn't listen to him, I walked over to the 8 items or less isle, picked up the phone and called my assistant coach. As the Pakistani Homeland manager was yelling at me, I begin  calling the offensive plays over the phone from the 8 items or less isle a the Homeland. When we were on defense, I would send Jackson on small errands to pick us up some treats around the store. I woke up as the game went into halftime.
 
Yea, I think I might need a break.  But after this week.
 
The football selections are still going great and this weekends games look good. Get signed up if you are betting on the games.