Monday, December 22, 2008

ALL I CAN SAY IS .....WOW!!!

Actually, I can think of a lot of other things I could say but I am trying to stay classy!!  Kidding. I am in Vegas wrapping up my handicapping contest. Here is the long and short of it. I went 5-2 this weekend with my selections. My winners were
 
CSU+2- WON STRAIGHT UP
ARIZONA-3  WON BY MORE THAN 10
BUFFALO +6 - WON STRAIGHT UP
SAN DIEGO +3 - WON STRAIGHT UP
ATLANTA +3  WON STRAIGHT UP!!!
 
My losers were
SAN FRAN AND
CAROLINA ON SUNDAY NIGHT
As you can see, no luck here. Just good winners and a bad loser and Carolina.
 
I went against the owner of eog.com . His name is Ken and he is a nice guy. Obviously, he has been volunteering with orphans or something.
 
Along with his winners, he had the NAVY total to go OVER. If you remember, this game, it was the one where Wake was trying to run out the clock by handing the ball to their fullback from about the 40 yard line and on the last possible play that wouldnt be a kneel down, Navy stopped tackling!!!! They simply let the Wake player run 40 yards for a meaningless score,unless you needed the game to stay under the total. THEN Tonight he had the Giants -3. I dont need to tell you what happened there.  So here is where we stand, if Green Bay wins on Monday night OR loses by 4pts or less, Ken wins. I will take my 21-7 record and head into the new year!!!!  If Chicago , and their high powered offense can somehow figure a way to win by more than 4 points, we tie. Yes, TIE. I am not sure what we will do to break the tie but stay tuned if Chicago covers. 
 
I will be somewhere between Vegas and Orlando when the game is over. That is probably best, I dont need to watch an intentional safety for a 2 point Chicago win. .
 
I promise to be in a better mood next time, no matter what happens. It is Christmas week and I have a lot to be thankful for. It was just a tough weekend to watch the games. Have a good week. Jack