Monday, December 15, 2008

BACK FROM VEGAS / HEADING TO VEGAS IN THE FINALS

    Well, I got back from Vegas on Saturday evening. I was there competing in the semi finals of the Leroys Invitational Sports Handicapping contest. I went up against a guy named Fezzic. Although, I wasn't aware of this at the time, he is apparently a big deal in the sports gambling community. If I have been guilty of one thing over the last few years, it is that I live a very polarized life here in Oklahoma. I have lots of clients from around the country but I have never reached out to the other sports gamblers in the country. I know A LOT  more pro poker players than I do sports gamblers and I am not near as good at poker as I am at picking football and hoops winners. One of the great things about this contest is I have had the chance to meet some of the guys that have been winning at betting on sports for a long time. Fezzic is one of these guys. I had another good week in the contest and am moving on to the finals. The finals are next Friday night and I frankly expect to do what I have done most weekends this season and go 5-2 or better with my selections and see if that is good enough to win. To this point it has been plenty good enough. My clients are having a great year and December is always a good month.In the finals, I am meeting another long time gambler with a good reputation of picking winners named the Shrink. He use to own www.theperscription.com and now owns www.eog.com . He is well respected and I have heard is a nice guy, it ought to be another good weekend in Vegas. I am going to go see Chris Angel Mind Freak on Sunday and probably go to the Las Vegas Bowl on Saturday.  Chris Angel freaks my freak and I am going to try and see if he will join me on my new baseball package. I figure if there is anyone that can predict the winners of the baseball games it is Chris Angel. I have the football and hoops selections covered.  
 
If you want to give a great Christmas gift to a gambler, try my bowl package. Only 349.00 and WE ARE GOING TO WIN $$$
 
I will be heading to Florida from Vegas to meet my people, I will check in from there.