Thursday, December 18, 2008

MAYHAM IN THE AM AND PM BUT......READY

It has been a CRAZY week. I got back from Vegas on Saturday, church on Sunday, Fat Jack Sports Hour taping on Monday, meetings Tuesday at the Lucky Star about poker and with a slot machine company that wants to develop a Fat Jack machine.... you get the idea. In the meantime, word went around the "gambling world" that I made the finals of the Leroys Money Talks contest. I am going up against a guy that owns a gambling website and made some comments that were meant to drive traffic to his website. Just as I was reading some of the ridiculous things he was saying, he called. He wanted to talk about the contest and discuss some different split options we might entertain so we both would make more money for our efforts. I wanted to talk about rather he had lost his f***ing mind. I asked him if the reason he was guaranteeing victory and saying I was scared was because he didn't take his medication OR if he had lost his f***ing mind. He said anything he said was because he was drumming up traffic for his website and to hype the contest. I all of the sudden felt like a wrestler in the WWE that hadn't been given the script.  After we worked through that, things calmed down and then I was off to Vegas today. Until.....
 
It started snowing in Vegas and the thickest fog I have ever seen rolled in to Oklahoma. My flight was canceled and I am back at the house. I will be catching a flight tomorrow afternoon and will be in Vegas in plenty of time for the radio show and any other type of mayhem that might ensue. It is always interesting when I get around people from other parts of the country for long periods of time. I dont beat around the bush and when I ask some people if they are out of their f***ing mind, they look shocked even though it was begging to be asked.
 
Oh well, the contest has been great and I will have the best overall record no matter what happens this week. Who are we kidding, I am going to go and do what I have done all football season and go 5-2 or better and bring back the 80k to the Oklahoma economy! Who wants dinner? I'm buying!!