Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Bahamas trip? Pretty sure I ate dog!

After a about 10 days of work / play in Florida my family and I decided to go to the Bahamas to meet some friends. I have talked in the past about my feelings on the Bahamas , both pros and cons. To recap, I love the fact the Bahamas are made up of mostly religious people just trying to do a good job in their lives. I love how beautiflu the islands and the water is. I love conch. My kids love the Atlantis and all it has to offer an 11 and 7 year old. I don't love the lack of costumer service. I hate the fact that it takes 45 min to get a bellman. I hate the greedy nature of a lot of the thinking at some of the businesses. The price of most things ( bottle water 6.00 ) and their lack of plain business experience when making some of their rules. For example, we tried to go to this Italian resturaunt. I didn't want to go but some others did. We get there and the main courses are 50.00 to 65.00 a piece and I don't see any Italians around , just bahamanians. When we ask for our table to this ridiculously overpriced place they said they don't allow kids under 8 to eat in the place after 6pm!! I have a 7 year old and we had a 9 month old in our 12 person party. Now I know how that lady that had to sit on the back of the bus in Alabama felt! After a second of them discussing how they were possibly going to allow our 12 people filled with drinkers and heavy eaters to come in the place with our kids, I went up and announced, I would not be eating there if the kids weren't welcomed and we took our 1500.00 tab and went elsewhere. Good idea, right? I m not so sure. We ended up at a brazillian place for dinner. I love brazillian food. I love the all you can eat meat and always leave happy. Well I have never had brazillian in the Bahamas. Again, we walk in and no brazillians, only bahamians. Not a good sign. The salas bar was terrible and I am pretty sure a couple of the meats they served us were dog or monkey. Not steak as they claimed. I have eaten a lot of steak and something in the flavor said inappropriate to my taste buds. Oh well, we are coming back today which is always the best part of going to the Bahamas.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T