Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ok, its official.. I hate the world cup.

I hope everyone is having a great summer. I am in the Bahamas airport heading home for a couple of days before I go to the wsop in Vegas and resting with my family. We had a great hoops season. Not just good but great! After one of our worst football seasons in the last 10 years, it was important to follow it up with a profitable hoops season and boy did we. We more than made up for football and completed a great gambling year. I always feel bad for those that only bet one sport but try and always offer them a great deal on upcoming seasons if they quit after a below average run. One of the things I have been doing while on hiatus is watching some world cup. I want to like this sport. I see how passionate some of the countries are about their soccer and I want to understand their hysteria. After watching about 4 games ( 3 of which ended in ties) I can honestly say the world cup is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen! First of all, the ties! Who the hell is ok with a tie!!??!?!? These fans get all riled up, blowing their stupid hornes and cheering their team to a 0-0 barnburner and then they go home!? That makes no sense ! How can someone paint their face, call in sick for work and pay money to go to a game knowing their is a very good chance that nobody is going to win! What do you tell your wife when she says " so honey, how was the game you spent 300.00 to go to and another 50.00 in body paint. Who won?". Do you tuen to her and simply say...... Tie. ? If your team ties, is that good or bad for you!? I know the scoring in pool play , blah blah... But you as a face painting soccer idiot, are you happy with a tie ? Ridiculous! Second, the flopping!! I have never seen such a poor use of a stretcher! It really makes a mockery of everyone that has ever really been injured enough to actually need a stretcher! Some guy falls down after being blown on by an opponent then out come the medics ! I thought I was watching some bad video game. Then the red card comes out ! For what!!! He didn't even touch the guy. I think it woulkd be funny to start using the same strecther standards for the nfl. Can you imagine? Someone gets tackled after a 2 yard game and out comes the stretcher! It would take 8 hours to play a game. Anyway, as I was saying, I am really looking forward to a great football season and am heading to the wsop on Friday so a busy June continues. Btw, my wife is in the finals for a Paula dean / Kraft cooking contest. The winner gets a 25k talent contract and lots of cream cheese!! So wish her luck. Have a great summer and get signed up to save money on the fall packages.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T