Thursday, December 27, 2007

TRAVELING WITH FAMILY

Well, Christmas is over. We left Orlando today and drove to Ft. Lauderdale. The 3 hour drive was filled with laughing, crying and the occasional beating. My mother is with us now. To read more about my struggles with aging parents see my last blog entry. My mother is the one that raised me and so is a lot closer to my family than my dad. This is good and bad. My mother and wife had a little fight today. I have enough to control in this group with my 2 kids that I really need those 2 to get along.

We are at the airport waiting to go to the Bahamas. We are flying on Bahamas Air. I have flown on Bahamas Air about 6 times and they have NEVER been on time. NEVER. They are currently 1 1/2 hours late and handing out crappy airport food vouchers. They are saying a bird flew into the windshield of the plane and are having to get it fixed. I think they are lying. If I owned an airlines that is the excuse I would use. How can you complain about that, you need a windshield to fly.

My 5 year old daughter just asked how old I was. I said 37. She yelled " 37 you are big!!!" What am I suppose to do with crappy airport food vouchers. Do they only own 1 plane? How about calling in a back up plane. I don't know if I want to be the test flight for the new window anyway. What if some local smoked too much hooch before installing this "window" what if it doesn't work?

My daughter is crying now. I asked her in my best Bahamian accent " little girl, whats you cryin bout?" she answered " my coloring book is under the stinkin plane!!"

Maybe my wife and mother will have a cage match to help pass the time.

I am going to try and find a television. We have won EVERY bowl game I have released. I am 11-1 in football over the last 10 days . Things are going great. Have a good week. I will make an entry from the Bahamas and keep you updated.