Sunday, May 18, 2008

CAYTIES DANCE RECITAL AND MORE

Saturday, my 5 year old daughter Caytie had her end of the year dance recital. I left the poker event and raced to Midwest City to see one of my favorite things of the year.Nevermind the fact that I spend about 2k/year for her to " learn her passion", watching the little girls dance will warm anyones heart and is truly a great time. This years event was tarnished by an unfortunate incident. Each year the dance school asks for fathers of the dancers to dress up in costumes and participate in a dance number during the show. No, I don't ever take part in this, probably because I am more of a solo dancer than a group dancer.. It is a cute part of the show and the kids LOVE to see the dads dance. The problem is this year one of the fathers dressed like Elvis. He was a late '70s Elvis that had on a white leisure pantsuit.  Here is where it gets sketchy, the pants were a very thin white fabric. He decided to go "commando" and forgo the use of underwear or anything else to secure his "junk". This might have been liberating for him but was HORRIFIC for everyone else! He would dance to the left,his " junk " would dance to the left. He would sway to the right, his "little buddy" swayed to the right! Dont even make me describe the routine when he begin to jump up and down! Not sexy and not appropriate for  the scores of parents and grandparents in attendance. The first 2 rows left with more questions than answerS.

The poker tournament was a huge success @ the Lucky Star and my thanks to everyone that came and played.

Golf Monday AND Tuesday! I should be worn out and really hate the game by Wednesday morning. Have a great week.