Saturday, May 3, 2008

LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL AND THE KENTUCKY DERBY

We are wrapping up soccer today and heading into the second week of baseball for my 9 year old son. Soccer has been a good experience for him. I wasn't sure how much I was going to enjoy soccer season because they DO have some Natzi parents and ,in nature, it is a slow game but my son has really enjoyed it and that is all that really matters to me.

Baseball is starting a little rough.

 Jackson, has had 2 practices and 2 games. Here are some highlights from the 2 games

*although he has played mostly 3rd base, he has fielded 0 balls

* he has struck out 2 times,been hit by a pitch and has 0 hits

*he has walked 3 times and been picked off 3rd base

OUCH!! not a great start. Oh, and we have had to talk about the fact that there is no crying in baseball!!

This has been rough for him because he is use to being one of the better players on each of his teams and although his stats are about average for his team, he expects to be Mickey Mantle from day one.  Every sports starts this way and he ends up  a vital part of his teams and has a great time but I will be glad when he finally comes home happy after a game.

There are some over the top parents I have seen but I am going to wait and reserve judgment on them until later in the season.

The Kentucky Derby is today!! After about 6 years of not cashing a ticket on this race, I have done very well over the last 4  years highlighted by a 46k return 2 years ago. If you are betting the race today here are my selections.

Go tell the teller you need a $2.00 exacta box 13-14-15-20

then tell them you need a $1.00 trifecta box 13-14-15-20

then tell them you need a $2.00 exacta box 2-6-13

That is $60.00 worth of tickets and will return A LOT more if it hits. Have a great weekend and good luck!!!!