Saturday, October 25, 2008

ROUGH FRIDAY AND BIG WEEKEND AHEAD

You know how sometimes you will go through stretches in life and everything you do is right? Your order always comes out correct, you hit all of the traffic lights on green and basically things are easy. Then other times, if you had a pet duck, it would drown. Those times are tough. It seems nothing you do is easy. Well, for the last couple of months, I have been having a GREAT run. My selections are easy winners, the kids are doing great and if the traffic light is red, I'm not stopping because I know it is going to be OK. Kidding. Friday, some of those easy trends took a turn for the worst.  I am not saying things are bad, because they certainly are not but I am saying that if in 3 months, I have gained 20 lbs,I have been in a wreck and my daughter comes home and says she wants to take stripper pole classes I will tell you it started to turn Friday. I started the day harmlessly enough agreeing to meet my sons class for lunch before they went to a museum for a field trip. As I pulled in to eat with the kids, I was informed they were going go to the Museum first and then go eat.Although, every bone in my body told me to get back in the car and go back to work, I was already there, so I agreed to join them for an hour or so to look at art. BIG MISTAKE.  We walked in and there was security everywhere. I asked if the President was looking at the Indian art or maybe the 1500 year old 2' yellow horse from the Lin dynasty? They said no, in fact it is normal procedure to have 50 guys that have been given a walkey talkey,$7.00/hour and a tiny bit of power who's job it is to swarm the Museum and look out for mayhem.. It was clear to me that the only reason they had been called over from Labor Ready is to make sure I didn't lean on the wall or answer my phone or basically try and have ANY fun during the tour guides 20 minute lecture on the difference between a red clay pot and a black clay pot.  Seriously, I am in the wrong occupation. These 3 Russian "artists" have hit the occupation lottery. They took some old wood, nailed it together and called it art! I never took wood shop but I promise I could make something that looked better than that piece of junk.I would have understood it he was a blind Russian or maybe lived in the dessert and had to carry the wood a long way when he made it but it was nothing like that. He was a fully functioning Russian that had a nail gun and a dream and someone told him he was an artist. I don't get it. Needless to say, it was a huge waste of my time that I will never get back.  I lost my first Thursday night game in over a month so today's games are important. I haven't lost in over a month and don't want to start now.
 
We play a football team on Sunday that,rumor has it, has a kid that is 11 playing QB. I am not sure how an 11 year old gets to play in the 9 year old league and I am hoping it is just a rumor. Sometimes these things are said when there is a good player. Whatever the case, I can promise you I am going to get to the bottom of it and will let you know.