Tuesday, October 14, 2008

WHAT DAY IS THIS

It feels like I have been running around with my head cut off. I think I enjoyed Dallas but was very busy and was feeling kind of sick when I came home. I woke up today thinking it was Thursday and thought I was going to miss my plane to Vegas. Of course, it is only Tuesday and am not late for anything.
I did have a couple of things happen in Dallas.
First, I use to think there was a big difference between the fans from Texas and those from Oklahoma. It always seemed from a far that the Texas fans were smarter, a little more pompous and knew how to hold their liquor a little bit better than the OU fan. The Ou fan always appeared drunker, louder and had a bunch of women fans that were sure they knew everything there was to know about football but actually only knew that they liked winning. Nobody cares if you are screaming the wrong thing when you are winning but go to a game and sit in the OU section when they are losing and have some lady start screaming, " that was a block in the back!!!' when they are at a TV timeout and see how many looks you get. The fact is the Texas fans are exactly like OU fans, they just are uglier because they are wearing burnt orange. I'm not saying I'm a fan either way but there is no debating the fact, burnt orange is ass ugly on everyone.
Second, I came back from the game and decided to go get a massage. I called the hotel spa and asked for their best " deep tissue, female therapist". They told me they had a GREAT one and come on up. I met the girl after waiting 15 min for her to show up. The massage was only 35 min and was suppose to be 50 minutes. I then talked to the girl a bit and returned to the room. My wife said," what happened? You are back early." I didn't take my watch so I didn't realize it was short and frankly it was one of the worst massages ever and I was glad it was over. She said, I needed to call down and tell the spa to take the $100.00 off the bill. I don't like to complain about stuff like that but decided to at least let them know what happened. I called the spa and explained my afternoon. the manager said, " Mr Ross, I am so sorry, the lady you met with was blind and she must have not set her timer correctly." Now, I am not sure what bothered me more, the fact that their best therapist is a blind woman that gives a terrible massage or the fact that I never realized she was blind!! I told them never mind and hung up the phone.
Quite a weekend. It never seems to be dull in my life. Off to Vegas Thursday, I will try and check in from there. We had ANOTHER WINNING WEEK! Have a good evening and enjoy playoff baseball.