Monday, October 20, 2008

THIS WEEK...

It was a very busy week and I am glad it is behind me.Every time I say " I had a busy week" I feel a little stupid. I mean if you think about it, I probably don't even know what a busy week is.Sure I worked from 7am until after midnight Monday and Tuesday but what was I actually doing? It isn't like I was operating on someone or digging a ditch. I had a business trip, but it was to Vegas. Not exactly like  someone going to Milwaukee to sell office supplies. It was a business trip but I ate at Joes Stone Crab and got a massage at Caesars. And no she wasn't blind. So lets just say the week was busy for me.
 
I went to Vegas to compete in the Leroys Sports books, Money Talks Invitational, handicapping contest. I did some radio stuff and then competed against another gambler with our selections over the weekend. The one that picked the most winners out of 7 games advanced to the next round and the loser was out. There were 16 guys invited to compete so if I win 4 rounds I get $80,000.00. This last week I went up against a guy named Jorge Gonzales. Yes, that is his real name. I went 5-2 with my selections and advanced to the next round. I will be going back the weekend of 11-21 for the next round.
 
I got a call from an irate blind woman this weekend. She had listened to my show and decided I hated blind people. Now, I tried not to get angry with her, after all she IS blind, but it was really hard. She was meaner than that mom from Roosevelt and I didn't do half as much to provoke her. All I said was she gave a bad massage and I thought I might have a problem because I went through an entire massage and didn't realize she was blind.  She turned that into ,I hated blind people and she gave a bad massage BECAUSE she was blind. I spent 5 minutes of my Saturday morning (when I am suppose to be getting clients signed up) telling this woman I loved the blind! That was actually a lie because,blind or not, I don't love the  woman that called me.
 
We had our 6th winning week in a row. I am 35-11 over the last 4 weeks. That is really good!! Get signed up and I will check back wih little league stuff later in the week.