Monday, April 28, 2008

REINDEER GAMES IN VEGAS

 Well, I am back from Vegas and it was everything I thought it would be. Here are just a couple of stories..

1. I was playing in a 1 table satellite. This are basically tournaments that 10 players all put in 550.00 and the last one that doesn't go broke gets 5100.00.  It was about 11pm @ Caesars and the cash games were slowing down so I decided to play in this event. The problem with these satellites is ANY idiot with 550.00  can get in and pretend he is Kenny Rogers for a couple hours.  We started playing and immediately a fat Indian started drinking. The more he drank the louder he became. At first everyone didn't think much of it because we were sure he wasn't going to win but as we went along we was knocking players out. Mostly by luck and good cards but nevertheless, the more chips he got, the louder he became. He also had a bad habit of when he would win a hand he would wait until the last second to show his cards and act like he had lost the hand. This started making the other players VERY angry and as they would get knocked out they would leave yelling at him. @ guys asked him to take it outside they were so mad. I sat there for the most part and minded my own business and collecting chips. About 2 hours in, we were down to 4 players and he was REALLY drunk. He had gotten into the habit of every time he won a pot he would yell " SHIP THE BREAD TO FRED !!!! SHIP THE BREAD TO FRED!!!!"  I started getting a headache. When we down to just Fred and I, he turned to me and slurred " hey , I will give you 2k and I will take the rest."  I laughed and said " Fred, I have a 2 thousand dollar headache!!" "How about you just give me the money and I will save you from having to sit here for the next hour losing to me? " Fred said " its on!!!!"  5 hands later Fred was broke and staggered out of the Caesars poker room.

2. On Sunday,I was down about 3k on the trip. Some bad beats and 5k in tournament entry. I was waiting to start the next event and I say a horse @ Aqueduct that had "cat" in its name. I decided to bet a 100.00 exacta  1-4. The 1 was 2 to 1 and the 4 "cat horse" was 59 to 1.  The 1 won easily and after a photo finish my 4 horse got 2nd!!!!! $2.00 exacta paid 187.00. My ticket returned $9800.00!!!!!!  I took a picture of my ticket before I cashed it so look for it on the website. Kind of fun for a Sunday afternoon.

Oh, I also went 4-0 on Sunday in the NBA playoffs and had another winning week! YEE HEE!!

Next up, my 9 year old is starting baseball this week. Cant wait for the parents in this sport!!