Saturday, April 19, 2008

THIS WASNT IN THE HANDBOOK

 When my wife and I found out we were pregnant, we decided to do the responsible thing and enroll in a parenting class. The first day of the class, I walked in turned to my wife and said " stupid people have been having children for 100s of years. We don't need a kid raising class!." We went and got some ice cream and went home.

Even if we had stayed in class, I am not sure they could have prepared me for lunch today.

I played poker with this young man that has opened a cajun seafood restaurant. We were talking about how much I love that type of food and how tough it is to get in Oklahoma so today,after another painful 2-2 soccer tie, I decided to load up the family and give it a try. We sat down and immediately the meal took on a fast pace. The waitress came over and we ordered something to drink and some starters. The food was GREAT! It seemed like I couldn't eat it fast enough. I was really enjoying the craw fish when I saw out of the corner of my eye that my 5 year old daughter wasn't eating anything. I asked what was wrong. She said nothing but she might need to go to the bathroom. I was so happy about the food, I gladly moved out of the booth to let her out. As she was getting out she knocked her water all over the table, ruining the craw fish and the bread!! She is 5 so it was hard for me to yell at her and I tried to shake it off ordering her another water. While sh was gone, the food came. I told her not to move back in the boot in fear the same thing might happen again and we pulled up a chair  at the end of the booth. She asked for her water saying she was thirsty. As I handed her the water,she lost her grip spilling the second water all over lunch. I jumped up, tried not to yell and she started crying. I got things cleaned up and removed the damaged food. Thankfully the owner of the restaurant knew I loved the food and might talk about his place on the radio so he brought us some more catfish. Just as I begin to forget the earlier problems and enjoy the great tasting food, my daughter THREW UP ALL OVER THE TABLE!!!!!!  Hard to overcome that one.  My wife tried to stop the vomit but as most of you parents know, when the body says it is time to throw up, there is nothing you can do to stop it.  So my wife hurried my daughter off to the car, I paid the bill and left.

These are the things they don't tell you when you are expecting. Oh well, I am not sure what they could have said that makes the lunch any better and we did get a 100.00 memory out of the afternoon.  The restaurant is called CRAW DADDYS. It is @ 32nd and N Classen in Oklahoma City. I highly recommend it if you like cajun seafood and not just because we threw up all over their restaurant.