Thursday, April 10, 2008

SPRING POKER CLASSIC DAY 1

 Well, I just got home a long day at the Lucky Star. We had 2 tournaments today. In the noon event, I played very well. In fact, I think I only lost about 3 hands all day. The problem is, 1 of those hands took all of my chips. We were down to 16 people and I had 14k in chips( a little above average)  I had AK of spades. The flop came  Kh 9s 4 d   The guy to my right bets 4k, I call. The turn is a 7c. I feel good about my spot but the guy bets 7k, I call. I am thinking he might have AQ or possibly A9. The river is Kd. He bets the rest of his stack and I quickly call.He turns over pocket 9s and  I lose all of my chips!!!  If I have one flaw to my game, it is that I call too quickly in big hands like that. If you think about it, because he was betting with no regard for my hand I have to think he has a good hand so I should think "what can I beat?"  If he has K9,K4 or any pocket pair that hit on the flop. I lose. The only hands I could beat was KQ and AA. I didn't think about any of that, I just threw all of my chips in like an overweight idiot! Boy, I  love poker!! I did win 2k in the cash games AND have won every game I have released this week starting with Kansas on Monday night.  2 more tournaments tomorrow. I will check in tomorrow night. I normally get good stories from these events and they have nothing to do with poker. Tomorrows Friday so hopefully the crazys will show up to play. Have a great weekend.