Wednesday, April 30, 2008

THE PASSING OF A GOOD FRIEND

Well, I got home from Vegas on Monday and was feeling really good about things. Basketball is going GREAT and my family and I are pretty darn happy. Tuesday I woke up and did some work before going to get the kids from school. My son had a homework project where he was to go and find out the dominant hand of everyone in our family. After asking my wife,Caytie and I which hand we were he said he was suppose to go and find out which leg our 14 year old lab used the most. They had some ridiculous formula to tell which leg the dog would use if she was to get into a hot game of kickball. My son returned from the backyard and said "dad, I don't think I am going to be able to tell which leg Kitty the dog uses." I said " and why is that son?" " Kitty dog looks dead to me." he replied. After I went to check, I told him that although I wasn't a veterinarian, I also believed Kitty the dog was dead.

My wife and I got Kitty the dog as a "test child". Like a lot of people we thought we should take care of a dog before we jumped into parenthood. Kitty has seen us as poor college students, she saw our joy when we bought our first home and was there when we brought home both of our children. She has seen most of my wife and I life together and what most would describe as a true love story. She was as much a part of that story as the rest of the people in our family and she will be sorely missed.

Thank you Kitty The Dog for being a good baby and making my life a better place. RIP