Wednesday, July 23, 2008

BACK IN OKLAHOMA. WIPEOUT AND FOOTBALL

Well, I am back from sunny Florida. I arrived in Oklahoma around noon and it was already 95 degrees. It is funny how different parts of the country look at weather different. In Florida, the old people at the gas station were about to have a cow because it was going to be 91 today. Oklahoma is going to be almost 100 and the evening news is having an outside party at 5pm with clowns and guys in "star wars" outfits.This is not a commentary on the fact this is one of the only places with idiots dumb enough to dress up in Chubacca outfits in 100 degree heat only to get on the 5pm news, it is however interesting to see the price someone will pay to get on local TV. I cant see the ladies at the gas station dawning their Golden Girl outfits to wave at their friends if Florida.

Summer television is about to drive me crazy and I am not the only one. Along with 5.2 million viewers, I watched Wipeout with my kids the other day. This is the beginning of the end for reality shows. The producers have scraped the bottom of the reality contestant barrel and found idiots that dont care what they are asked to do, they are in as long as they can get on TV. It is very funny to watch but I am not sure I would throw a watch party to show my friends what I had to go through if I was on that show. Next, they are going to have a show where the one who can be set on fire for the longest wins the cash. They will have guys lined up to be set aflame and that will be the conclusion of reality TV.

I dont understand Bill Parcells. Spending a lot of time in Florida I have found myself pulling for the Dolphins to win. I like Wes Welker( Oklahoma boy) and when he was there I got my son interested in the team. Now, Welker is gone and the Dolphins are terrible.I was really hoping they would have a better season but I am not sure the best way to do that is to trade the heart and soul of your defense! I am beginning to think Bill Parcells is a weak stubborn guy that is past his prime. I heard his comments about Bonos botched extra point as part of the reason he quit the Cowboys. He said it was going to be too tough to get back to that point and to have something like hat happen made him want to quit. Well, I think he is A LOT further away from the playoffs with the Dolphins then he would have been if he had stayed in Dallas. To me it looks like Bill Parcels is more about Bill Parcels then he is about winning games. I am not sure if that is the kind of guy I want pulling the strings on my team.

Less than 40 days until the season and things are looking good. Remember, preseason is free to all paid clients so sign up today if you are going to be betting on the games this season. Have a good week.