Thursday, July 10, 2008

LEFT VEGAS FOR SUNNY FLORIDA

I left Vegas last Sunday after a brutal trip and flew to meet my family in WPB,Florida.  

Vegas Recap-My friends give me crap because it seems like I always do pretty well when I go to Vegas. I am the only one they have ever seen hit 3 of a kind in 3 card poker while teaching someone how to play the game. It is true I am a very lucky person and have had a lot of success with the "luck"games as well as the things I have a great chance to make money at (sports book and poker) but sometimes it does go bad for me. For 5 days last week I lost at everything I did. I would play a session of poker and lose 3k. I would bet 200.00 on 4 horse races and return 0.00. I would play blackjack and lose the  money I bought in with and have the 50 year old Roman waitress spill a bloody mary on me! I dont tr ink and the one thing I really didnt need was spicy tomato juice spoiled on me! I felt a little like Clark Griswald in Vegas vacation. It is hard for me to complain because I love Vegas and have made a lot of money there over the years but sometimes ROger Federer loses at Wembeldon and I lose in Vegas.

Florida intro- I am here on a business/vacation trip for a couple of weeks. I have a lot of elite clients down here and one of the stations that doesnt charge me for my show to run in their 6 markets is located in Florida. I am here meeting with them about the fall and talking to a couple of businesses that want to have me out in the fall for some promotions.  
  I am also enjoying the company of my family. I know everyone thinks their kids are funny but my daughter is truly one of the funniest people I know. She can be really loving or really mean both I find humor in.Example- As I am writing this blog she woke up with her frizzy blond hair came in the living room in her nighttime sun dress,raised it above her head, flashed me while yelling "BAM"!!!  The combination of my wife's personality and my "having a few screws loose" is going to make her life very interesting. She is only 5 but already making my life a happier place and I cant wait to see what the next 50 years bring with her.

I will be here for another week and then back for production meetings for the fall. I have already started studying for the football season and cant wait to get going. We had another winner in the free baseball selections yesterday. THose free selections have proven to be quite valuable.  Have a good weekend!