Saturday, July 19, 2008

DELAYED IN FLORIDA AND WATCHING THE OPEN

I was invited to play in a golf tournament here in Florida tomorrow so we decided to stay for a few extra days. I kind of need to go home and get some work done but this is a special deal and I am on top of all the things I need to get done before the fall. I am loving the Brett Farve story. He reminds me of a friend of mine that was playing in the club championship at the course I was a member of. He got really mad in the first round of the 3 day event and walked off after 13 holes. The next day he showed back up and wanted to play for day money. For most guys, walking off and quiting the event means you are done but for a select few you reserve the right to return tomorrow and play again. Brett Farve has made a habit of this.

I quit..no, Im back.  I quit....NO, Im back. Now I REALLY QUIT! No, Im actually back!
I am enjoying the show.

Speaking of golf and to put one final capper on my Vegas trip a few weeks ago.
I placed a bet on 5 golfers for the British Open in hopes to cashing a ticket while on the beach. Here are the 5 golfers I bet on..

200.00 ON STEWART CINK-MISSED THE CUT

200.00 ON A. RAMERO - MISSED THE CUT

300.00 ON JOHN DALY - SHOT 80-89 OUCH!

300.00 ON CHRIS DIMARCO - DIDNT EVEN PLAY IN THE BRITISH OPEN AND DECIDED TO PLAY IN THE GREATER MILWAUKEE OPEN. BY THE WAY HE MISSED THE CUT IN MILWAUKEE!!

MY ONLY CHANCE IS A 200.00 BET ON SCOTT VERPLANK. HE WAS +4 BEFORE SATURDAY BUT SHOT 78 ON SAT AND IS NOW 10 SHOTS BACK.  

I DONT THINK I WILL BE OFFERING A GOLF PACKAGE ANYTIME SOON.

THE BASEBALL SELECTIONS ARE A DIFFERENT STORY. I am hitting 80 over the last month or so and am considering a baseball package for next spring.

Football is getting close and I am like a kid before THanksgiving!  I really enjoy the turkey! Have a good evening.