Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A FEW CLIENTS AND A JACKASS AT LITTLE LEAGUE

Well, a very busy weekend in the books and I have a few seconds to reflect. My reflections have just confirmed the high amount of idiots I crossed paths with over the last few days.
 
This time of year,I receive about 100 emails/week. Most are questions about the service. Some are compliments or thank yous from happy clients  but I ALWAYS  get 2 or 3 emails from guys that are just plain stupid. Each week, I try and personally return all of these emails , even the ridiculous ones. This week I got one from this idiot named Jeremy. Now, I got 20 emails telling me how good the season was going and I know I have collected over 30k this season BUT  Jeremy promised me that I in fact was not making any money this season and had lost money.  These emails use to drive me crazy. I would spend countless hours going back over my selections with these idiots until I showed them where they, forgot a few selections or put some of their losses into my record. Over the years I learned, the amount of frustration that I would have to endure in proving these morons wrong just wasn't worth it. Now, I don't even try. I figure if I can make 900 of the 1000 clients happy then I am way ahead. There are always going to be born losers that sign up, get mad, quit, lose on their own and quit gambling. It is the natural process, not everyone can be smart enough to sign up, get out of the way and collect their money each week.
 
My sons 4th grade football team which I will from now on refer to as the Titans had their first game Sunday. I am the coach and it has already been a learning experience. I have talked about idiot parents in many entries. Well, I am about to decide that everything is kicked up a notch when you put pads on. this includes the parents and other coaches. In the fourth grade, offensive plays and scoring are the hardest thing to teach. Anyone that has ever seen Lord of the Flies knows that. If you tell a 9 year old " go tackle that other 9 year old" that comes pretty natural to him, but tell him to block while another kid hands the ball to another kid who will then run and then...... well you get the idea. They also lose interest and it is harder to teach.  We were down 7-0 and punted the ball inside the other teams 5 yard line. My kids were smelling blood and were getting ready to get all over the QB, when their center snapped the ball over the head of his QB. Now as the ball took its second bounce in the end zone and my kids were getting ready to pounce on it like a pack of spider monkeys after a banana.. The other teams Jackass of a coach picked up the ball !!! My kids weren't sure rather to tackle the coach with the ball or just try and take it out of his hands. When he was asked " why did you pick up the loose ball that was getting ready to be recovered for a TD?" He responded, "Because I am a Jackass and I didn't want Fat Jacks team to get a touchdown and take the lead."  Well, maybe he didn't say that but that is the only explanation I could come up with.  The good thing is, we will play them again and if he touches the ball again, I am going to tackle him myself.  Shame on the idiot the first time, shame on me the second time. 
 
Have a great weekend. We are having a great month and October is traditionally my most profitable month of the football season.