Thursday, September 18, 2008

GOOD WEEK AND THE FAIR

We had a very good weekend last week with the selections. I will never understand the guy that says " I dont bet enough to sign up for your service" and when I ask how much they lost this week, they respond " about 200.00". It seems they would be better off investing that 200.00 into my selections and then collecting 300.00 each week with those selections. I dont know,maybe its just me.
 
I took my kids out of school to go to the fair on Monday. I really wonder who is deciding which days we wont have school and then they decide to have school during the fair. If it was up to me, we would schedule "teachers meetings" and " parent conferences" ect during the Fair. The kids get to go to the Zoo, the museum ect but no Fair? I promise those kids would learn a lot more at the fair then they will at the Zoo.  State Fair Lesson #1.- Stay in school!  That seems like a pretty big one.  We explained to the kids that went with us that they were just 2 or 3 bad decisions away from being forced to run the Big Kahuna Roller coaster. I do wonder how they decide who will work which booth. I would much rather work the " load the toad" game on the Midway than to have to secure peoples belts on some ride. I guess its not what you know, its who you know,even at the fair.  I lost/paid over $20.00 looking in the "freak exhibits". No matter how bad the freak ride I just left was, I somehow got suckered into looking in the next cage. I paid 4.00 for all of us to go look at a 300lb snake that was going to "turn our dreams into nightmares" only to see a medium size boa constrictor taking a nap. Then , they got me to pay 5.00 to go see a "monkey with a human head" that was suppose to" frighten and amaze us all at the same time". this monkey had a face that I guess might be found on a human, a human that had a Monkey face. The final straw was the woman with no teeth that was dressed up like a spider. It was sold to me as a "half spider, half woman" .  It cost me 4.00 to see a bad Halloween costume with a lady that looks like she was on crack. I guess that is what I get for going to the Fair and acting like a "normal guy behaving like an idiot".That exhibit was free for the kids that went with me. We did have a great time.
 
Looking for another huge week so get signed up.