Wednesday, February 27, 2008

THESE ARE THE DAYS I THINK ABOUT MOVING

 February is almost over and thank God for that!  There are a lot of great things about living in Oklahoma but February is not one of those things.  Oklahoma is very safe. I am not sure what city isnt safe as long as you are smart about things and dont do or sale drugs.  When you hear about murders, most of the time it is  someone they knew or they were picking up their crack for the weekend.  Oklahoma is clean and doesnt have bad traffic. Those are good points, I have been to a lot of cities that smell (NYC and New Orleans) and traffic is a problem in most big cities. I am predisposed to road rage so it is better that I dont have to deal with bad traffic.  I will tell you that each year in February I feel I might be able to handle the crime ect to be able to wake up and look at the ocean each day.  Everything is brown in Oklahoma in February. Everything is dead in Oklahoma in February and Everyone is grumpy in Oklahoma in February.  The good thing is, once we get to March, the flowers come back, the grass starts to turn green and everyone cheers up.Only then do I remember why I raise these kids here as apposed to some other place. Spring break is almost here and we are winning a lot of money in hoops so things could be worse. I am looking forward to a huge March and some fun in the sun.