Wednesday, March 12, 2008

DADDY TRIP BUT TORN

It is Wednesday and I am Orlando. No, I am not playing in Arnold Palmer's tournament although most of the players are @ our hotel. I have seen over 20 players in the tournament. I haven't seen John Daly but I am here with my 5 year old daughter and I don't drink so I don't think we are hanging in the same areas.  Every year I take each of my children on a "daddy trip". This is a time for each of my children and I to truly spend some quality time together. When we are at home or on family vacations it is all about the "group".On a daddy trip it is all about that child. You will really get to know your child when they are the only one to talk to. I highly recommend every parent that has children under 15 to start this tradition. You don't have to go to Orlando. You can go camping or simply to a hotel in another town. You will learn  A LOT about your child and your child will learn that you are more than a "bread winner" or a parent, and that you are someone they can truly look at as a friend and a person that wants the best for them. Remember, your kid is only 5 years old once, do something to help make that time special for you and them.

I am torn because I had to miss my sons playoff basketball game. We played Bob Stoops sons team tonight. I got updates throughout the game but apparently the officials were star struck and kept calling fouls on my baby!  I know this official, he looks like the  barbers in the movie Coming To America. I am not a fan but I understand they don't make much money and don't deserve to be yelled at so my family is on a strict "no yelling at the officials" policy.(no matter how bad it is)  We won 14-13. Jackson had 8 points and 4 fouls. I am sorry I missed it. Next up Brent Venables ( Oklahoma Defense Coach) kids team.This team is from the same school as our team and all of the kids know each other. I don't think the official is a fan of defense so it should be a good game.lol