Tuesday, March 4, 2008

FEELING BETTER AND WORKING SMART

I am in Cancun today. Things are warm and sunny and I am in a better frame of mind. This is important if you you are one of those people that wants me to pick winners.It is a scientific fact that  it is hard to pick winners when you are cold.

I have never been a big fan of Mexico. I am trying to like it but some of the people here make it hard. I am not a cheap person but I dont like to feel like I am being "taken".  I told myself I was going to try and not be sensitive to that and understand it is part of the culture for them to try and extract as much money from me as they can while I am here. That plan worked until we stepped off the plane. Our bags were lost ( which is fine) that gives me the chance to buy a speedo and blame it on Continental Airlines when people don't like it. We then went to get a taxi. I asked the people inside "how much to get to the Excellence Playa Mujeres?"  A guy named Pablo said 62.00. "That sounds good,I responded."  Pablo said "go outside and see one of the girls for a cab"  I went outside to the girls and said we need a cab to Excellence Playa Mujeres. The girl said "no problem, that will be 84.00."  I begin to ask how I lost 22.00 during the walk outside and she suddenly forgot how to speak English!  I dont care if it is 64.00,82.00 or 282.00. I am in Mexico and dont want any trouble so I will pay what they say but they need a different plan because I shouldn't have to feel like I am being screwed on the cab ride.

The joke is on them because they now have sports books in some of the hotels. Yes, sports books. I went to the Moon Palace yesterday and bet 5k on both of my selections, Virginia+5 and San Diego -20 1/2. BOTH WINNERS !! So I gave some to the Mexican Cab driver and too a lot from the Mexican sports book. Ohio-4 tonight for 5k. THey can work hard at cheating me and I am going to work smart and pay for the trip. Have a good day and I will check in tomorrow.