Monday, March 24, 2008

HARD TO COMPLAIN...BUT

I have found in life that the way you feel and react to things are all about perspective. Here is what I mean..

I have been in Florida and the Bahamas for 2 weeks. I believe everyone,if they can, should honor spring break. Now some of you will say, "Jack,spring break is for kids" I say that if we all acted more like children sometimes, the world would be a happier place. Who wouldn't enjoy a "mandatory nap time each day." I think everyone wins with a forced nap.  Most would only see the positive to having 2 weeks to relax and hit over 69% of my hoops selections in the process. All good,right?

WRONG!  I am sitting in the Atlanta airport writing this entry. I dont want to be in the Atlanta airport, in fact I dont particularly like Atlanta. But I am here and have been running around this airport since 8am est. Here is how my day went.

My sons basketball team made the finals and the league they are in decided to wait until after spring break to play the last game so I cut my spring break a day short so my kid can enjoy a championship game that ,by the way, I feel very confident they are going to lose. Me, being the "giver" in the family paid 600.00/ticket to get a one way flight from Nassau to OKC to get home on Monday. ok, back to my day..

I woke up in Nassau at 4:45 AM est. After standing in line for over an hour, I get to the ticket guy and he tells me the agent booked the flight for tomorrow, not today.This is not good news @ 6am. I gt on the phone, start yelling,fake crying and basically roll on the ground until they get me on the booked flight bound for the ATL. We get to Atlanta around 9am and dont have seats on the 11am flight for OKC. We stand by. LOSER. THey tell me we are going on the 3pm flight. After a delay and another oversold flight,God intervenes and gets 3 seats on that flight. Guess who isnt going on the 3pm flight.

I then standby for the 6pm flight. Although I was 1st on the standby for the 3pm flight. I have been lowered to 10th for the 6pm.  guess they think they did me a favor by getting my family on the flight. To make matters worse, some of the guys that were lower than me on the earlier flight have jumped me in the stand by order. Didnt matter, I didnt make that flight either. It is now 7:30pm and I am standing by on the 9:20 pm to Tulsa. Yes, Tulsa. The plan,if Im lucky, is to get into Tulsa around 10:30 tonight,rent a car and drive to OKC.  By the way, the fact that my font has changed during this email and I dont have any freakin idea why or how to get it back is iceing on my s@$ * cake!!!

Dont know where my luggage is and am missing the hoops game I paid 3k to get back and see.

I guess it is all how you look @ it. I guess I should be thankful my colon didnt explode!  Get well soon, Jim.