Tuesday, September 22, 2009

People watching at the airport

Well, we had our first losing week of the season. I hate losing weeks!! The problem with winning every 3 out of 4 weeks on average is 1 out of every 4 weeks is almost always is a loser! We are still making money on the season and had another on monday night so things are fine but I always want my clients to win. Most of my clients understand we are going to have bad weeks and are grateful for all of the winning ones so everything is good.

I have to go to vegas for 24 hours. I don't want to go but I have a really important meeting,so I'm going. If it goes well. It is going to be a great thing for me and the company I am talking to. I like win,win deals and this is one of those.

I am sitting in the airport watching people. All types of people. There is a hispanic woman who has a child that might be the devil. The kid is yelling and screaming. He is wiggling and flopping. He is trying everything to get away from his mother. The mom is going with the "silent restraint" method. Now I'm no dr phil but I have always felt the "silent restraint" method of discipline was the least effective and the most annoying to those around you. Think about it, if you were trying to change the behavior of any animal, the s - r method never works. Your child is a lot smarter and has more will than any animal! I want to go tell that mom to try the "eye to eye,idol threat" method. That is where you get down to eye level with the kid and calmly tell him that if he doesn't shut his mouth you are going to throw him out of the plane. If the threat is bad enough,he will shut up because there is at least a chance you might do it. How about the "drag and bust" method? That's where you stop with the silent restraint,actually get your a++ up and take the yelling child to the bathroom and teach him there are conscience for his actions.

After a win on monday we are ready for a big weekend. If you are betting on the games and down on the season,get signed up today. Have a good week.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T