Wednesday, September 9, 2009

WINNING WEEK AND MY SPECIFIC PROBLEM WITH SOCCER

Well, first week in the books and we are into profit. Starting with easy winners on Thursday and Friday and ending with Cincinnati on Monday. I am sure there are some other people that also made money but for those of you that are already down.... WTF?  How can you be betting on the games, reading the blog of the best handicapper in America and are bad enough at picking winners on your own, that you were not able to make money on what was an easy weekend to find some winners? You might want to take the 3 minutes and less than $10.00/selection and start getting on the right side of some of these games. We are going to have  a great weekend with the start of the NFL season and if you didn't make money this weekend, you need to get signed up and stop paying your man.
 
Ok, I got a call from a friend of mine today. The timing of my "soccer" entry ,a few days ago, made him think I might have specific experiences that I was mentioning when I said, I hated soccer. After reading the entry again, I could see how people might think I hate all soccer. Specifically, the part where I say,"I hate soccer" and other parts where I talk about the skills needed in soccer. Let me be a little more specific about my feelings on soccer as it related to me and my team. 
 
1. I love kids that play more than one sport. I am a strong believer that ALL kids should play lots of different sports. The kids that focus on only 1 sport are setting themselves up for disappointment. Having all of your eggs in one basket is very dangerous.So the fact I talk bad about kids having to miss one practice to go to another one is actually very hypocritical on my part.
 
2. The fact is, soccer is better for 80% of the kids long term than football is. Most kid 4th and 5th grade kids are not going pro in football and EVERYONE can benefit from being in shape and soccer is about running and staying fit. I do believe,like a lot of sports, soccer has become a lot more about chasing down titles and less about staying in  shape but that is another blog entry.
 
So some of you are saying "Jack, your last entry doesn't sound like someone that likes soccer. This one sounds like you do. " " You cant have it both ways.'
 
Well , thats where your wrong. Sometimes I get focused on MY short comings, maybe the last entry was MORE about my frustration with the fact, I am trying to teach an offense to my football team and they were getting it a little slower than I would have liked so I blamed the only thing I could think of at the time. The fact is, when I wrote that blog, soccer hadn't even started. I was on a plane (2 weeks ago) and was bored and drawing up new plays on my napkin. There weren't any kids on MY team that had a conflict because soccer hadnt even started.
Maybe, my problem isnt with soccer at all  and instead more about my ability to teach my little players how to score.
Yes, I might have just used soccer as a whipping boy. Sounds like, when I have a problem scoring in little league football, I might need to spend less time looking at the fields on Robinson and more time looking in the mirror in my bathroom.
 
LONG LIVE DAVID BECKHAM!!
 
BTW, It is nice to have friends that call and tell me I might sound like a Jackass when I write or talk in a public forum.  I dont always realize it on my own and I appreciate people that talk to me when they have something on their mind.  Thanks.
 
I have an easy winner going tomorrow night and a great weekend ahead. Have a great weekend and enjoy your games, no matter what the shape of the ball.