Wednesday, November 21, 2007

THANKSGIVING TURKEYS

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I bet if you asked most people why we celebrate Thanksgiving, they would need to think for a second before answering. I mean most people KNOW why we have Thanksgiving but it is one of the only holidays that we don't do anything to remember the event that started it all. Easter, we go to church. Labor Day- we don't work. Memorial Day- We go to graves and honor the fallen men and women that made it where we can again, not work. Even with birthdays, we put the # of candles that show our age. At least until you turn 50 or so. But Thanksgiving,we don't do anything but eat and watch football. I am sure the meal has some symbolic value but I am also sure the pilgrims didn't have access to my sweet cornbread dressing and fruit salad. The ONLY thing I can see the pilgrims eating that we eat is the turkey.

Now that we are on the subject of turkeys let me say, I have watched the last cooking show I am going to sit through that shows people what they can make if they don't want to cook turkey. I wondered why anyone would not want to have turkey at Thanksgiving! That's like having birthday cake without candles or having Easter without eggs. That is just plain crazy!! Apparently some vegetarians are offended when turkey is served. Well, I am offended when a vegetarian is invited to Thanksgiving dinner but I just keep my mouth shut and eat my pie. By the way, have you ever been around turkeys? I mean really spent some time with one? Well, I have and they are the dumbest animals in the world! One turkey does something and ALL of the other turkeys do exactly the same thing. It is "chasing the jones'" in its purest form. I would go so far to say that if there is one animal that deserves to be eaten, its the turkey. Anything that dumb needs to taste good to serve any purpose on the earth. I don't see cows or pigs getting presidential pardons. Both of those animals are A LOT smarter than a turkey. So this year on Thanksgiving, count your blessings and thank God that he made a bird that is that stupid and that worthless yet so damn tasty!! And enjoy your turkey. Happy Thanksgiving and God bless you all.

DETROIT+3 1/2,ARIZONA STATE+3 AND THE ARIZONA STATE GAME TO GO UNDER 49 POINTS.

MY THANKSGIVING PARLAY FOR YOU. GOOD LUCK!!