Thursday, June 26, 2008

2 WEEKS OF MAYHEM

Time flys when you are in the middle of mayhem. I normally do a better job of keeping this blog up to date but the last 2 weeks have been very busy.

First, I went to Vegas for the World Series of Poker. The events run for around 40 days leading up to the main event that starts next Thursday. I started the trip by losing 25k in the first 12 hours but rallied by winning a pot for 28k and another for 34k in about 20 min. That helped me make a little money and I also won my way into the main event so I will be returning on Tuesday.

Then, I came back Friday for my 20 year high school reunion. I went to a large high school( Norman High Class of '88) and I was lucky that their werent a lot of clicks even then. I played sports, football baseball ect, but had lots of friends in different groups. This made the reunion a lot of fun. I had heard that by the 20th most of the bragging and stuff was gone and that was true. I will tell you I was surprised by the vast difference in peoples appearance. There were some that looked like they might still be in high school and others that looked older than my parents. We played golf and spent a lot of time talking about the old days. I want to thank all of the people from that time of my life that helped make me who I am today. I have been blessed to be a part of your lives.

Caytie has been taking a summer camp at the local theater. Today is the performance. The play is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I am not sure but I think she is an oompa loompa. She does get to sing so it should be great.

Jacks baseball is over. THANK GOD!!  I will never complain about soccer again. Baseball was like watching apes play at the zoo. The only good things were that he had a great time and the coaches were a great group of parents that made it as fun as possible.

I am glad the NBA is over. I need a break and am very excited about the fall. I had a good football season last year including 2 months of over 68% winners. If I can do that the entire season it is going to be a GREAT fall. I am already looking at a couple of games that I think will be great spots to make some money. I can normally tell what the lines are going to come out at well in advance and the first week could be huge if I am right.

I will check in this weekend and fill you in on a couple of poker stories and then back to Vegas on Tuesday. Have a great weekend.