Tuesday, June 10, 2008

BACK FOR A FEW DAYS AND GETTING READY

 We are back from the Bahamas. Had a great time but as I read through my entries, I am not sure I have a lot to show for the last 2 weeks except a few lbs. This week will be filled with the NBA finals, little league and a little work for football season. The last couple of months haven't been anything to write home about as far as the service. I am around 50% over that period and picked the 8th place finisher to win the Belmont Stakes. I was way off!!  The danger with the selections this time of year is there aren't a lot of choices. We have 2 teams and 1 game, in the regular season you can pass if you don't like the match ups but this time of year its, find a winner or play nothing. Thankfully we have had a great hoops season and the last 50% run wont hurt that. 

Jackson in wrapping up baseball season. It has been brutal! This is the first year of pitching and it has been a little like watching apes play each other. I forgot that even the simple things like throwing and hitting had to be learned. If I was just someone that walked up on one of our games I might think it was a group of mentally challenged or handicapped kids. All of the players have had a great time but it has been tough to watch.

It looks like I may add as many as 10 markets this football season. I have had some good talks with some program directors and may add a "weekend preview" show to some of the markets. This show would be more sports talk( with a gambling overtone) and run on Fridays. This show will help the smaller player and anyone that just likes to talk about the lines around the water cooler.

Leaving for Vegas on Sunday for the WSOP. I am feeling good about the trip and am hoping for a good run. When you play in these events, the way you feel, has a lot to do with your ultimate success.

I an 1-1 in the NBA Finals,go figure, and I like the Lakers tonight -9 1/2. Good luck and have a great week.