Saturday, August 30, 2008

LABOR DAY WEEKEND AND FOOTBALL

Well, this is the first day of the rest of your life, if you are betting on the games. I have been VERY busy this week. We had a good year last season and a great basketball season so everyone is excited about the fall,which starts today. I bet on 3 future bets this season to start the season. I like
 
NEW ENGLAND TO HAVE UNDER 12 WINS
GREEN BAY TO HAVE UNDER 8 1/2 WINS
OHIO STATE TO HAVE OVER 10 1/2 WINS
 
The Fat Jack Sports Hour, my one hour show that runs in 29 markets around the country, is going into its third week of the season and things are not going that well,yet. My staff  forgot how to talk into microphone over the summer and it is just not sounding that good. I am going to have a staff meeting and try and figure out something. It might just be that I am losing my sense of humor. Like a normal guys hair or hearing might go, I could be slowly losing my wit and personality. I am going to hope it is the staff and not me but I will let you know.
 
Today is a big day because, as much as I tell guys to budget themselves and not bet too much this opening weekend but the excitement is too much for some so it is always good to win early. In fact it is a good idea to win early and late in my business. that is always the plan.
 
We start 9 year old football and 6 year old girls soccer this week so I should have some good stuff later. Have a good weekend and steer clear of the amateur drunks this Labor day weekend.