Monday, August 4, 2008

PRESEASON AND THE OUTBACK

Well, the preseason has finally started. I find that the preseason is a little like going to Disney World. Every time I take the family to " The greatest place on earth" I am very excited on the drive up to the gate but after entering,quickly start wondering when we can go back to the pool. Preseason symbolizes the start of football but about half way thru the opening game I start counting the weeks until the "real" season starts. I handicap the preseason and offer the picks for free to everyone that is signed up for the fall. I always tell people that if you are betting on the preseason you must be really bored but I will try and help on these very unpredictable games. NOTE- One of the easiest ways to tell if a handicapper is a scam artist or not is if he tells you the preseason is a great way to make money, RUN. There is no way to know how long the starters are going to play and handicapping 3rd and 4th string guys is like trying to handicap a 9th grade girls volleyball game. Not easy. With that being said we had OVER 32 last night. 1-0 in the preseason.Don't call it a streak!!
I took my wife to Outback last night for dinner ,which was lovely. (old school reference) I will tell you I am a bit offended by what happened with their new promotion. We sat down and the girl comes by with 2 cups of what smell like juice. She says " I would like to offer you a free sample of our refreshing summer sangria". She then tells us there is alcohol in it. Now, forget the countless recovering alcoholics that will fall smooth off the wagon due to Outbacks "summer splash" I happen to be a guy that doesn't believe drinking is necessarily a good thing. I don't drink and don't think drinking is for everyone, especially when they are going to go out and drive home with a belly full of steak and sangria. Now before those of you say "Jack, that seem a bit odd that a professional gambler would have a problem with drinking" consider this, studies show that only 1 to 2% of gamblers will end up being addicted were some say it might be as high as 8% of drinkers might need help. I am not against drinking, I just don't think people need it brought to their table along with the appetizer list. Mark my words, someone will win a lawsuit with Outback, after they are found wrapped around a telephone pole with red sangria vomit mixed in with the blood from their injuries.
On an unreleated but sad note. The bulldog used on the front of my new website belongs to my friend Jim Traber. The dogs name is Sophie and along with being a GREAT model was also a great friend to everyone that knew her. Sophie,the wonder dog, passed away last night. She was a full figured gal and didnt like exercise and losing weight but what she lacked in endurance she more than made up for in love. She was 6 years old and is heaven with a fan on her belly today. RIP Sophie Traber.
We are getting busy and if you are planning on betting on the games this season, I can help you win. Give me a call.