Sunday, August 10, 2008

SURVIVORMAN AGAINST MAN VS WILD

 
I have other entries talking about the bad television this summer but one of the good things is I have had the chance to get turned on to shows I didn't have time for last year. My favorite show this summer has to be the "train wreck"  of a show I Love Money on VH1.  Although I look forward each to Sunday so I can find out if "The Entertainer" is going to sleep with "Nibbles" or how far "White Boy" will go for the 250k, this entry isn't about them.
 
This entry is a breakdown of the two morons that have survivor shows on cable. The first one is Survivorman.  This is a show about an American bushman that looks like the guys you see protesting city expansions when you watch the city council meetings on public TV. He is middle aged, not in shape  and from the first second I watched I was sure he would never die on the show. He would never get that far because at the first sign of a problem would start crying like a baby and run for the crews camp for safety. The allure of these shows is I need to think there is a real chance something bad might happen while on these adventures. The episode I watched, he was in a rain forest and "heard" a puma and immediately ran for the jungle bushman village for safety.  If you are a true survivor, there is no "village" to run and hide in. You take on the puma or you die.
 
The winner by far is "Man vs Wild". This Australian idiot is by far the most likely to die on the job. It might be something in the water over there, although I was sad to hear about the crocodile hunter, Steve Irwins, death, I cant say I was surprised to hear he lost a battle with a killer stingray. The host of Man vs Wild might have even higher life insurance rates than Irwin did. I have seen him do lots of things that made me shake my head but last night took the cake. He was in the desert trying to die of thirst. He got stung by a bee that made his face look like the elephant man. Then he killed a rattle snake (which he ate) took the skin of the snake,tied a knot in one end , peed in the other end and then later drank his own urine to help from dying from thirst! I'm not kidding, I couldn't make this stuff up.
 
In summary, anyone willing to drink their own urine instead of getting on the phone and calling for the chopper to bring them a Gatorade is the champion. Just my opinion.
 
I am 5-1 to start the preseason ( check out free winners section for details) and am going to make us a lot of money before the season even starts. It is going to be a BIG year so get signed up. Have a great week, I am off to California for some business before we get the season started.