Sunday, October 14, 2007

A COUPLE OF THIN LINES

Some days remind me what a thin line it is between a good day and a bad day. If you think about it there are just 3 games difference from a 8-2 week and a 5-5 week. Last Saturday we had one of those games that really changed the feeling about the day. Oklahoma University was giving 12 points to Missouri. They missed 2 extra points and had 2 failed two point conversions. To make matters worse Missouri scored with 12 seconds left to only lose by 10!! OUCH!! The fact is he didn't even score but the replay officials had already left the stadium to get a good seat to watch the Game Day crew wrap up the days scores! That game took us from 4-2 on Sat. to 3-3. Boy there is a big difference, between 4-2 and 3-3. If we were in the 9th grade and talking in "make out" terms. It is the difference between getting to second base with the prom queen and kissing your sister on the cheek because she was voted prom queen. A thin line makes a big difference!!!

Another thin line is the seam in the butt of my silk Tommy Bahama shorts. Even though I know silk shorts are thin I continue to wear them without underwear.Well Friday, that thin line broke and for all of you out there that had to pay the price of looking at the back of my shorts on Friday. I am sorry. I knew it was windy Friday but something DID feel different. A thin line indeed.

Even with the bad luck,we are still 14-7 in October. I am going to Church today and pray wisdom for myself and patience for the people in the factory that make my Tommy Bahama shorts. My life is much better when they take their time in sewing my thin line...in my behind!!

Thats all I've got on Sunday morning. Have a good day and count your blessings.