Thursday, October 4, 2007

Things going well and bye week for the Pink Cheetah Girls

I'm getting ready for a big weekend. Lots of great games around the country. Friday I am going to Dallas to do a little radio before the OU vs. Texas game and the State Fair of Texas is one of my favorite stops in the fall. I have been trying to watch what I eat for the last couple of weeks because each year I seem to gain 15 lbs on this trip. Now a lot of you are saying "15 lbs?" Yes, 15 lbs! That's if I'm lucky. The problem is our routine is a feeding festival. My wife thinks that if we are going to drive more than 15 min. in the car we must have snacks. I saw her walk in the house today with cookie makings and macaroons. I haven't checked the package but I am sure they aren't fat free macaroons. Friday after my radio and handicapping is done we go eat with Jim Traber and family. That is always a big meal because Jim and I sit around as if we are members of the Sopranos and eat ourselves sick. Saturday morning is spent with the breakfast of champions, 3 corn dogs, a turkey leg and at least 3 corns before noon. I like to carb up for the big day. After all the games are done for the day and we are deep into profit, we have a celebration at a place called Fogo De Chao. This is a Brazilian all you can eat steak house. I don't know any Brazilians but if they eat like this each day they must die an obese and constipated death. Oh, well its only once a year and I can't break tradition. The week is off to a great start. I had a winner in each of the weekday games. I continue to offer opinions on the baseball games and they continue to lose! Oh well, If Pete Rose couldn't win money betting on baseball I probably can't either. The football profit will be a nice way to enter, what is typically, a very profitable weekend.

My 5 year old daughters soccer team has a bye week. This is overdue. I have told the girls to "shut down their engines and get themselves back to neutral." We are getting ready for the big playoff push! That is, if we have playoffs. I need to check that out. I am getting really trying to get the girls to be more aggressive and explain it in a way they can understand. I told them "every time they kick the soccer ball, a butterfly gets its wings." I'm not sure they believe me but I would love to see them try and prove me wrong!

We are winning on the week and looking for a big weekend. This is a great time to sign up!

Be safe if you are going anywhere this weekend and remember, the only thing on the roads after midnight are cops and drunks! Be safe.