Tuesday, October 9, 2007

JUST SOME THOUGHTS AND LOOKING FOR ANOTHER BIG WEEK

I was reading back through the other entries in the blog and it occurred to me that there is more talk about my life and less about betting and football. At first I thought I might need to fix that but then I started thinking about what makes me good at picking winners against the spread. The truth is there are a lot of people that could beat me in a trivia contest. If all it took to pick winners was a knowledge of sports than there would be A LOT of other guys that would win. The fact is the reason I went 10-2 last week and consistently win betting on games has less to do with the information out there and more to do with being able to separate the good info from the info that the losers see as important. So, if I came on here and talked about the turnovers and injuries and match ups, I would not be giving you any info you couldn't get by turning on any of the sports talk shows or reading the paper. I am going to use this forum for other reasons, if you want stats turn on the radio. When we get to the spring I will be playing in a lot of the WSOP poker series events and we will talk more about gambling then.

Here are a few things I am thinking about today.

1. I don't understand how a straight man can walk into an airport bathroom and "somehow" end up doing sexual things with another man. I have been in lots of airport bathrooms and NEVER had any sexual things happen. I am going to start holding it until I get to the hotel.

2. I think I may be losing my hair. I don't want to be one of those guys that do the "comb over" and I don't think it is a big enough deal to go to a hair doctor or join a hair club but I think I am going to be an UGLY bald man. My head isn't a great shape and I feel like I may look like King Kong Bundy. That's not sexy.

3. Buffalo is the worst coached team I have ever seen. It would be hard to be a fan of theirs with that coaching staff.

4. Why don't those people that are great at guitar hero spend the same amount of time learning to play the actual guitar. It seems to me that would be time better spent. You never show up at a party and someone says "play me something on that guitar hero!" or " I get weak in the knees when you are playing guitar hero!"

5. I am thinking about buying a bike and starting to ride for exercise. I wish they would make a bike seat that was in the shape of a lazy boy recliner. That would really cut down on the rash I always get when I ride.

That's all for now.have a great day!!

I am 11-3 in the month of October and this week looks great. Call and get signed up.