Sunday, October 28, 2007

THE WEEK OF HALLOWEEN CELEBRATION FEELING LIKE HANUKKAH

Well, Halloween is Wednesday but now that I have kids Halloween and all holidays, for that matter, feel more like Hanukkah. I know Christmas is a week long celebration. I have gotten used to that. In fact, if you have divorced parents, Christmas can feel more like summer vacation than Jesus birthday. We might should add vacation bible school in the middle of Christmas season to remind the kids why we are out of school in the first place.

Birthdays are a week long as well. With the party (not on a school night),a night with the grandparents and the actual day the child was born. The week is a nice celebration for the child. I have always felt on birthdays we should shower the mother with presents. After all she DID all the work.

That brings me to Halloween. Is this really a holiday we need to give the entire week to? I am not even sure it is a holiday that is good. Someone told me it was a holiday to celebrate demons and the devil. I don't like either of them. That is probably not the truth because if was a celebration of those things, the houses would give out dead birds or logs of fire instead of candy. Candy is the opposite of the devil. Well, I am not sure it is worth throwing a big fit about and even if I did I am afraid my wife and kids would just celebrate it without me. I guess I will just wait for the kids to bring the candy home.

We went 26-15 in October and if you played my opinions you added another 7 wins. For those of you that don't bet on games, that is a good month. Think of it this way, if you bet a $100.00 on each of my picks in October, you could pay for A LOT of Halloween candy!

Have a great week and get signed up for a big November.