Wednesday, January 30, 2008

BAD BEAT BUT GOOD DAY

I am in LA and have had a great trip. Mrs. Fat Jack and I had a full day that included eating at the place they filmed the movie "gidget" and a walk on the beach that included a trip to Mathew McConehey's mobile home in Malibu.Long story. I played poker all day yesterday and had a good time. It could have been better financially but still ok. Here is what happened.

I was playing in a 25-50 NLH game with a 5k buy-in. After winning about 4k I got into a hand that changed my day and not in a good way. If you play poker, see what you would have done...

I have QhQd and it is raised to 150.00 before the flop. There were 4 callers. The  flop came Jd 10d 9s. A guy bets 600.00. I raise to 2k,he calls. The turn is  6d. He checks, I think he might  have AK or maybe AQ and one of those might be a diamond so I bet 2k,he calls. The river is 4h. We both check and he shows JsJc for top set. I LOSE and try not to tump the table over. I hate losing. The problem with NL poker is you can build up your money over 2 hours and then lose it all in one hand.

The good news is my wife and I had a great few days and are ready for Vegas tomorrow. The other great news is that after a winning week in hoops last week we were 5-0 today in basketball and 6-2 on the week. We are looking for a big weekend. 

If you dont play poker I am sorry you had to read this entry and as you know, I dont normally talk poker but i know some of you might be interested. Next entry from Sin City and what promises to be a big weekend with lots of stories.