Thursday, January 31, 2008

ITS RAINING S***

You know how every once in a while something happens that reminds you that God has a sense of humor?  Things like leaving your zipper down when you aren't wearing underwear or someone asks you if you are pregnant after you've had a big meal? That one doesn't happen to me but I know it happens. Well, I had one of those mornings.  We are leaving LA today and decided to grab some breakfast before heading to the airport. The hotel suggested this really cute place down the block. When we walked in  we saw there was not a place inside to sit so we went out to a really neat patio area that was under an ivy filled canopy. I even remarked "it is like eating in a birds nest." it was really a great place to enjoy the morning. Then my animal loving wife says" look at all of the sparrows in the ivy, isn't that cute?" I agree and we order. About the time my drink arrives I feel this "plop" on my head. It was the type of plop that you know immediately isn't good. I reach up and sure enough one of the birds has crapped on my head. I grab a napkin to try and wipe the poop out of my freshly washed hair as my wife is laughing. As I excuse myself I can hear my wife and the other customers talking about how funny it was that the "cute" birds picked me to crap on. When I get back things have settled down and our food arrives. My wife starts to tell me that she has always thought that her deceased mother sometimes came back in the form of a sparrow and there was a chance it was her mom that thought it would be funny to soil me at breakfast. As I start explaining to her that her mother was definitely not a sparrow  but instead was in Heaven taking care of our dead cat, I GOT SHIT ON AGAIN!!!!!! This time on my face,just below my eye.  As the entire patio broke into a roar of laughter I walk off to the bathroom again yelling "THIS PLACE SUCKS AND STOP FEEDING THESE BIRDS!!!" 

God does have a great sense of humor and I guess it was just my turn to be the brunt of the joke....AGAIN!  I guess it could have been my mother-in-law. If so ,she got  me pretty good. I will email you from Vegas where it can only get better.