Tuesday, January 15, 2008

THINKING ABOUT KILLING A CHICKEN!!

During each football and basketball season, there are good weeks and bad weeks. There are 5-0 days and 1-4 days. The thing that I am known for is having a lot more good weeks than bad weeks and more 5-0s than 1-4s.

The problem is, each year there are a few stretches that it seems no matter what I release, it is going to be a LOSER!! You won't hear other handicappers talk about these weeks because for most of them, this happens 2 or 3 times /month. For me, it is only two or three times a year but when I am in the middle of these bad runs, it is awful and my search begins to find something to break the streak. I have tried changing the times I release my selections. I have tried not watching TV while breaking down the games. I have tried not eating cheese until I have a winning week. I have tried ONLY eating cheese until it turns! BTW, That plan doesn't work and makes for a bad week even when I am winning again! I have had one other bad stretch like this one and it was in November. The good thing is that one only lasted 6 days and I followed it up with a 9-2 week. I am in about a 10 day run that I am hitting about 40% of my games. I am still having a good year abut I am sick of losing.

I think it is time to make a sacrifice to the gambling Gods. In the words of the Wonder Pets, "This is getting Serious!!" I am thinking about a Chicken. I am not a hunter and don't really like killing things but something has to be done!! At least if I kill a chicken, I could have Mrs. Fat Jack fry it up and we could eat the sacrifice. That way every one wins. The Gods are happy, I break my bad streak and I don't have to pay for dinner. I am not sure how my wife would feel if I came in the house with a headless chicken and said "honey, good news. My bad streak is over AND all you need to make is stuffing for dinner." That is probably a bad idea. I think I will keep breaking down the games the same way I have been and we will get Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner. Things will turn around like they always do. I should thank God I don't have these streaks more than a couple times a year.

We are passing tonight and I will be getting ready for a big weekend.